"....Your children shall be like olive plants all around your table." Psalm 128:3

Monday, March 4, 2013

Blogging Without Obligation


Hi friends,

Hope you're having a marvelous Monday.   :)

As my life gets busier and blogging seems to get put on the back burner more and more, I often wonder how some mommy bloggers do it all...homemaking, homeschooling,  having a home business, being active in their local churches, etc, and on top of all that, writing a new blog post several times a week.

As I told one of my friends recently, I feel as if I'm treading water most of the time. In other words, I can manage to get all the needful things taken care of. But the extras, such as blogging, get neglected.

I have considered closing this blog, but a few of my friends have told me that it's a great encouragement to them.

So I have decided to continue to blog, but I will blog without obligation. In other words, I will not feel obligated to post several times a week. Or even once a week, if time doesn't permit. My husband and children are my first priority. And my ministry to younger women (via this blog) is second. (Titus 2:3-5)

I will post when I have something worthy to share. Something that will impart encouragement to the discouraged. Something that might help an overwhelmed young mother. Something that will make a sad reader smile.

I hope I don't lose any readers because of my lack of posts. I have made some wonderful friends through this blog. (You know who you are! *wink*) And I will try to stop by and visit you all as much as possible. :) But I must admit it's a relief to have made this decision. 

Until we meet again, my friends...may you have a truly blessed week in Him.






16 comments:

  1. That painting is one of my favorites! And I totally agree with everything you've written. :) The less I blog the less people visit. I miss them dearly, but as you said there are people close to us--home, church, neighborhood--who also need us. And writing and publishing do take a chunk of time. I think it's another thing to trust God with...that He will bring something better to our lives and hearts than frequent online contact and encouragement.

    Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, my dear friend. I will continue to "visit" you...and of course, email. :)
      Much love to you.

      Delete
  2. Treading water... oh how I understand that feeling! Lisa dear, I'm just this morning catching up with my blog reading after a time away that included a brief trip to CA with my dad and stepmom. Needless-to-say, I've been wiped out emotionally and physically, and while you won't read that on my blog (too personal to share there for my tastes), it is just one of the reasons I've taken a small step back from, as you so perfectly called it, "obligatory blogging." May the Lord bless you as you spend time with your family fulfilling your #1 calling! Hoping to see you here from time to time, and remember that knitting lesson is always available if you ever find yourselves in SW Washington. :)

    Love in HIM,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa,
      Glad to hear that there are others who are treading water also. It makes me feel not-so-alone. :)
      Hope you recover from your trip, and I'll be stopping in for a visit often. And I'll keep that knitting lesson in mind. ;)
      Much love to you, my friend.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you decided to stay with it! I have enjoyed your blog off and on for some time. I finally made it back and I too have decided not to blog under obligation. That makes it too stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Monica,
      Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hope your day is wonderful. :)

      Delete
  4. As it should be! Good. May God continue to bless and lead you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Mindy. And for taking the time to leave some words of encouragement. :)

      Delete
  5. I totally understand your decision. I am a 'no obligation' blogger and write when I feel inspired and pray that the Lord will bless others through my blog. Sometimes I still question though as I have lost readers and I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee, Sarah! Another "no obligation" blogger added to the ranks! :)
      Thanks for stopping by, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Good choice. Blogging must remain something beautiful without obligations. In this way, your spontaneity can grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words, Jedidja. Hope you have a wonderful, blessing-filled week. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Lisa - I could have written these words from my own heart. I do love blogging but find it hard going sometimes. I too have decided that I will post when I have the time, energy and something to say :o) Sometimes a week or two will pass before I find that time or inclination.
    I think that keeping our God given duties as a priority must and should come first.
    sending hugs across the miles {{{}}}}
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shirley,
      Your comment is such an encouragement! Thanks so much for stopping by, and ((hugs)) to you, too, my friend.
      I hope you have a blessed week. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear from my readers, and your thoughts are welcome. And I try my best to respond to each and every comment. :)